Thursday, September 27, 2007

Lonely Beaver

I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with something to use to create a card for the SCS Fan Club's Central Theme for September, "Lost and Found". The object for this month was the "Use of "found" objects, including nature items such as twigs and leaves, recycling items normally destined for trash, such as altering those AOL mailer CD tins or the CDs themselves, using bubble wrap to ink up your brayer and create a funky background, bottle cap jewelry". Well, I was stumped and then tonight, as I was emptying my electric pencil sharpener, it hit me. Pencil shavings!!!

I stamped this little lovesick beaver from Inky Antics and colored him with Copic Markers. The PP used is from Scenic Route's Sumner collection. I am crazy about this paper. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts Clear Design set. I glued the pencil shavings to the base of the tree and added some buttons. You have to click on the image to really appreciate those shavings. :-)

3 comments:

Diane said...

LOVE this card!!!! That's true love,how he chewed that tree,lol.
Love your coloring too!!!

Marti said...

Very clever, Kathie!!! I love, love, love your card!! Way too cute. Thank you for sharing your wonderful blog. Marti

Anonymous said...

OMG this is TOO cute!!!