Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

came a day early. My husband's employer sold the plant where he works and we found out yesterday that the new owners are cutting his position. So, in just 15 days, he will be officially unemployed. The good news is that he does receive a severance package and that will hopefully see us through until he gets another job. I'm so thankful at this moment that I have a wonderful job and that we could make it on just my salary if we really had to.

The card I made today is for my former mother-in-law who is turning 90 on the 25th. We're having a celebration this weekend at the Retirement Community where she and my ex father-in-law live. She was a great MIL and we have remained close. It's been very difficult the last few year's though as she has Alzheimer's and does not really know me at this point. She just thinks I'm the nice lady who does things for her. Tough on me, but even tougher on my grown children. They were the apple of their Grandmother's eye and now she does not recognize them at all. It is such an insidious disease. Sorry, real uplifting post today, huh?

I used Basic Grey's Gypsy for the PP and broke out my Cuttlebug for the embossing and flower. The scalloped circle was made with the new SU punch and the sentiment is from the Faux Ribbon set by Papertrey ink.

I hope you all, have a terrific weekend!

1 comment:

clhenry99 said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog picture!! My daughter took that on the 4th! lol
I love love love this card!!! Great job..you will be going in my fav's to check back with!!