Wednesday, June 11, 2008

DH Birthday

A very quick post tonight as I need to get some sleep. My Mom is having knee replacement surgery in the morning and I need to get up with the chickens to get to the hospital.

This is my DH's birthday card. He and my daughter's birthdays are only two days apart. I made this for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #51, but I think I'm just a little late in posting. :-) I used some of my favorite Basic Grey Blush PP and a Hero Arts clear stamp from the "Message" set. I debated about adding scallops but thought it would be too feminine, so I cut a "dental trim" effect instead to use behind the center panel.

Thanks for dropping in. I'll post more tomorrow. I received a RAK in the mail yesterday that blew me away. I was so excited so I'll share that with you as well. I just love happy mail!



It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: Hero Arts

Ink: Brilliance Brown
Accessories: Foam Squares, Ribbon
Tools: Scor-pal, Nestabilities, Wizard

2 comments:

Ida said...

Wonderful card, Great colors, sketch and lots of nice details. My mom had a knee replacement done on April 15th - I will say a praye for your mom & that she has a speedy recovery. Send me her name and address, I'd like to send her a card.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I just love this BG paper. I think it is one of my all time favorites that they came out with.