Thursday, June 5, 2008

Black Tie Affair - BC 50

That's what this card reminds me of. Not that I've ever been to one, mind you. But a girl can imagine can't she?

It is week 50 for the Blogger's Challenge group and the challenge this week was to create a card in black and white only. I picked up this flocked paper by The Paper Company at Michael's last week and it was perfect for this challenge. I stamped the sentiment from Heidi Grace Designs, cut it out, adhered it to Bazzill card stock and added self-adhesive pearls to the corners. I couldn't find the wide black ribbon I was looking for so I went with three different ones. If one is good, three has got to be great, right?

I can't believe it's Friday already. It is a very special Friday too. It's my daughter's birthday! Happy Birthday Andrea!!


My precious baby girl is turning 30 today. Now how can I possibly be the mother of a 30 year old?





It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: The Paper Company
Stamps: Heidi Grace Designs

Ink: Palette Noir Black
Accessories: Foam Squares, Pearls, Ribbon
Tools: Scor-pal

18 comments:

Elizebeth said...

very elegant, love that paper!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Kathie...great card. Your background paper is stunning, and your ribbons really pull the who card together. Tremendous!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love the rows of ribbons and the flocked paper is go-jus! Stunning card!

Unknown said...

This is stunning Kathie. I just love how you pulled all the elements together. Great job!

Barb Hardeman said...

Kathie, this is just gorgeous! Simply elegant with the flocked paper and your wonderful ribbon treatment. Stunning card...

Anonymous said...

Your flocked paper is beautiful! Great card!

Ida said...

Stunning! - Absolutely love the flocked paper. It really sets this card off. Love all the different ribbons too.

Ladystamper said...

So elegant!! I feel underdressed just looking at it! JK! I love it!

Kerry D-C said...

lovely, lovely card! neat DP.

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...that flock paper is awesome! Great job with the challenge...love it!

Chrissy D said...

This is gorgeous! Love the flocked paper - the ribbons - every bit of this card is wonderful! TFS!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

love it! i loe the three different ribbons! tfs!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

BEA-U-TIFUL!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

How beautiful and elegant Kathie! Such a wonderful design! :D

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh. This is lovely.......love the triple Ribbon.............just elegant!!!!!!


Vicki

Nikki Bond said...

Stunning! I love the use of the ribbon and the BG is GORGEOUS! {SMILES}

Connie Fossenier said...

Love the flocked paper,the verse and sheer ribbons. Everything about this card really compliments this challenge.
Connie Paxman

Claudia Perry said...

Your card turned out wonderful! I love the combination of the flocked paper and the ribbons