Thursday, August 20, 2009

Workbench Birthday

Today we celebrate my dad's 81st birthday!

I ran across this stamp while I was visiting the Peddler's Pack Stampworks site and it just jumped into my shopping cart. (Yes that can happen even online!) This image reminds me so much of my dad. He was always puttering away at his workbench while we were growing up. He was either building or fixing something ... usually something one of his three daughters broke! I grew up believing (and still do) that my dad could fix anything!

I colored the image with Copic markers and added some Spica Marker in silver to shine up the tools a bit.

Happy Birthday Dad. I hope your day is extra special.






It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: K & Company

Stamps: The Peddler's Pack Stampworks, Papertrey Ink

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Dimensionals, brads, SU Twine
Tools: SU Punch, Copic Markers, Spica Marker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy Morgan said...

This is too cool! Great image, perfect guy card!

Ida said...

Wonderful card and fabulous image. Since my DH is a construction worker and carpenter I may have to check this stamp out.
Enjoyed your thoughts about your dad and hope he had a wonderful B-Day.