Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Build Your Wings

It's Tuesday and that means it's time to play along with Mercy's Tuesday's Sketch Challenge. I love the fact that this week's challenge is both simple and beautiful.

I chose to use My Mind's Eye Bella Bella papers as additional inspiration and then reached for this a stamp from Hampton Art called "Take the Leap". I think this sentiment is wonderful. It got me to thinking about how often I take a risk or "leap" and I decided that more often than not, I usually get pushed!

See the two little wings I on the sentiment panel? I created them by punching a small heart out of card stock and cutting it in half. I then added Distress Stickles for some shine.

You'll find the rest of the details below. It really was very simple for a change.

Thanks for sharing a minute of your time visiting. It always makes my day when you leave a comment, even if it's just to say "Hey!".






It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, Bella Bella

Stamps: Hampton Arts

Ink: Papertrey Ink Chamomile, Colorbox Brown
Accessories: Dimensionals, Ribbon, Distress Stickles
Tools: Nestabilities, Janome Sewing Machine

4 comments:

Mercy said...

kathie...this is gorgeous! love this color combo, and that sentiment is great, too! amazing job once again!

thanks for playing along with my sketch again this week, and i hope to see you again next week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Very warm and pretty! Wonderful job on the sketch.

The Wired Angel said...

This is darling.. thanks for sharing your talent.

Elborgi said...

wonderful - i love to have a look here around on your blog with such nice cards!
Elborgi from germany