Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Be Strong

Tonight I have something really different for you, at least for me. I have always loved the shabby chic look but I have found it a challenge to create the look. This week's sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You just seemed to lend itself to this look so I decided to conquer my shabby shortcomings!

I began with Very Vanilla card stock from SU and added some foof-a-la and EK Success patterned papers. I edged the EK Success paper with an ivory lace. I then inked a chipboard scalloped circle and adhered a K & Company Die Cut label (also inked with Papertrey Ink Chamomile) on which I had applied a 7 Gypsies rub-on and pearls. I added some black netting and a Prima flower which has a fabric covered brad at its center.

Can you believe it, not a single stamp used tonight, but I was able to use up some of my embellishment stash. I really need to do that more often.

Why not head over to 2 Sketches 4 You and add your own creation?






It's all about the details:
Card stock: Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper: Foof-a-la, EK Success

Stamps: None

Ink: Papertrey Ink Chamomile
Accessories: Dimensionals, pearls, Netting, Prima Flower, brad, K & Company Die Cut Label, 7 Gypsies Rub-on, Chipboard, lace
Tools: Copic Markers, SU Distresser

5 comments:

Joke said...

Great take of the sketch, lovely card.

Laura Davis said...

Wow this is beautiful! I love all the layers! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cheryln said...

completely GORGEOUS!!!

Ida P. Krause said...

What "shortcomings." This is divine. So many great details.

Winter said...

So pretty! I love Shabby Chic! :)