Tuesday, August 18, 2009

With Sympathy

I actually have a second post today. That's a rarity for me. But this is one of the cards that I referenced in the last post. The sympathy card that I wanted to make for a coworker who lost her Mom last week.

I chose a sketch from Mojo Monday to start the creative juices flowing. Isn't it pretty? I used Stampin' Up DP and a stamp from the Pocket Silhouettes set as a background for my Scarlet Empress sentiment.

Thanks for your faithful visits. They brighten my day!






It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up

Stamps: Stampin' Up, Scarlet Empress

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Colorbox Chalk Creamy Brown
Accessories: Dimensionals, Pebbles Inc. Candy Dots, Ribbon
Tools: Martha Stewart Border Punch, Croc-a-dile Corner Chomper

6 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Pretty? It's absolutely beautiful. I love the daintiness of it and the paper you chose is perfect!

Ida P. Krause said...

Lovely card. It's just so serene feeling.

Pattyjo said...

Your Sympathy card is beautiful and I am sure she will really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Candy said...

Hi Kathie -
Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!
Hugs, Candy

Bev J. said...

Beautiful card. I like the sketch and the colors used! tfs

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Oh so beautiful and soft feeling! Wonderful colors, papers and flower.