Sunday, July 20, 2008

TLC 177 - All Things Grow

I finally had a chance to play along with the Try a New Technique challenge this week over at SCS. The technique was to use a grid on your project. The Scor-pal makes it so easy. I scored the card stock on the diagonal every half inch, rotated the paper and repeated. I then stamped the grid with a screen mesh background stamp from River City Rubber Works in Stampin' Up Bashful Blue ink. I love how it makes it look like the paper is quilted.

Isn't this a cheerful PP? It's from the Blossom Collection by 3 Bugs in a Rug. The sentiment and main image is from the All Things Grow with Love set from Storage Units, Ink & More. I just love these little flowers. They are so easy to color and they make me smile just to look at them. I used a circle punch and then added a scalloped circle made with my Nestabilities. I finished the card off with a touch of my favorite (at the moment) ribbon.

It's so much fun to try new techniques, I can't wait to see what they come up with for next week.





It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: 3 Bugs in a Rug
Stamps: SU Ink and More, River City Rubberworls
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Bashful Blue
Accessories: Foam Squares, Ribbon
Tools: Scor-pal, Copic Markers, Nestabilities, Circle and Corner Rounder Punches

2 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

That is super-duper cute! I love, love that DP. YIKES!

Diane said...

Oh Kathie,that's just adorable!
What a cute stamp and love the cheery colors!