Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Little Things

I saw this stamp from Rubber Stamp Plantation on Pat Huntoon's blog a few weeks ago and told her that this butterfly was going to come home with me. Well, here it is! Isn't it gorgeous?

I began by using temporary adhesive to adhere a circle on the card stock and then brayering on
Dried Marigold and Dusty Concord Distress Inks. I stamped the butterfly from SU's Happiness Always set in Peeled Paint Distress Ink and added three Doodlebug brads and a bow. The main butterfly was created by stamping it in Memento Tuxedo black ink and then applying Versamark followed by Perfect Pearls along with various Twinkling H2Os. I added it to the card with dimensionals and added the sentiment from Verve's Petals and Stems set.

Enjoy your weekend!






It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: None
Stamps: Rubber Stamp Plantation, Stampin' Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks, Versamark
Accessories: Foam Squares, Ribbon, Doodlebug brads, Perfect Pearls, Twinkling H2Os, Stickles
Tools: Scor-pal, Brayer

3 comments:

Ida said...

Very Nice...This for some reason reminds me of art like the Maya or Inca Indians did. It's earthy and bold. I like it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a cool butterfly. Love your card.

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome Butterly!

((hugs))
Gina