Friday, January 11, 2008

Valentine Wishes

Ah, love is in the air. It's time to begin making valentines. I have been in love with valentines since grade school days when we would spend an entire afternoon making a big red heart envelope out of construction paper and paper lace. We would hang them up on the closet doors in the classroom. I can remember spending hours trying to decide which valentine to give to each classmate. You had to be really careful not to give the really mushy one to the boy that you had a crush on. Then, there was the anticipation of opening the valentines that you had received. My favorite memory was in 2nd grade when a boy named Richard gave me a whole box of valentines! Unfortunately, he wasn't the boy I had the crush on. Such is life!

I really dug into the back of my stash for this card. I still had a 6 x 6 pad of Cosmopolitan paper by Making Memories and the heart is a KI Memories Icicle. Pink and brown are one of my absolute favorite color combinations.

It's all about the details:
Card stock: Paper Accents -Pearlized Cream
Patterned Paper: Making Memories

Stamps: A Muse Artstamps

Ink: Brilliance Coffee Bean
Accessories: KI Memories Icicle, ribbon
Tools: Decorative Scissors, paper piercer

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Fabulous story and fabulous card!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

My favorite color combo, it's a great card.

michelle sturgeon said...

Oh, pretty! LOVE that ribbon!