Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Elyzbells are in the house!

I'll admit it. I'm a hopeless (hopeful?) romantic and I believe in the fairy tale. In fact, in many ways, I live it. I was married the first time for 16 years and thought I would be married forever. Unfortunately, it turned out that it was not just my decision to make and my husband told me he wanted out. It was by far the most painful and devastating time in my life.

Fast forward 6 years...I was in Vancouver, Washington with a group of friends having a drink at the hotel lounge. We had traveled there to root for our contestant in the Miss Washington pageant. I didn't know it then, but seated next to me at the bar was my future husband. We have been married 12 years now and I am happier than I could have possibly imagined. I definitely met my Prince Charming that night.

Sorry for the poor lighting in today's photo. I have made a few changes to my work area and I can see that I will have to rethink the lighting set-up...back to the drawing board.

It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - Two Scoops

Stamps: Elzybells Art Stamps

Ink: Palette Hybrid - Noir Black
Accessories: Ribbon, metal ornamental frame, foam squares
Tools: Wizard, Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Copic Markers, ticket punch

1 comment:

Jody Morrow said...

What a beautiful card! I loved your story of meeting your hubby as well. :) Lucky you! :)