Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bathing Beauty

Altogether now, Ahhhhhh.

What is it about babies that make us so sappy? Look at those adorable little cheeks
, don't you just want to pinch them? This darling image is from Art Gone Wild and is called Bathing Baby. I colored it using my Copic Markers and added Spica Markers to the bubbles to add a little hint of iridescence.

I ran across some old Fiskars texture plates yesterday and tried several "sandwich" combinations in my Wizard until I was happy with the embossing. The result is the dotted swiss effect on the white card stock. (Easier to see in a close-up, click photo to enlarge.) It's subtle but I really like it. The sentiment is half of a greeting from the SU Baby Talk set. I cut the sentiment apart and mounted the pieces separately so they could be used this way.

Hope your year is off to a great start!

It's all about the details:

Card stock: Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper: Crate
Paper
Stamps: Art Gone Wild; SU Baby Talk

Ink: Adirondack, Slate
Accessories: Crate Paper Ribbon, foam squares, Spica pens
Tools: Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Wizard with Fiskars Texture Plates

6 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

What a super cute card! LOVE the embossing!

Diane said...

Awwwwww!!!! for sure,it's adorable!

tyrymom29 said...

awww Just too cute !!! Love it!!

Melissa said...

Ahhhh....perfect! :)

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Kim Mraz said...

you have so many amazing creations!! :)

I am fairly new to the blogging world and I recently asked my readers to recommend a blog that I can check out. Many of them listed friend's and others chose blogs that inspires them and your blog was put forward. I would like to invite you to come visit my blog, http://paperhugs.typepad.com/ and you will be entered into a drawing to win a sweet RAK. I am so glad that I was informed about your blog. Hope you will come play :) Kim Hughes

Debbie Olson said...

Great card, and your Copic coloring is perfect as well!