Sunday, December 9, 2007

Crossing over to cranky

Anyone miss me? I sure have missed you! You may have heard that parts of the Oregon and Washington coasts suffered hurricane force winds last weekend. Well, I live 15 miles from the ocean in Southwest Washington and we got it, full force! We felt like the three little pigs with a big bad wolf trying to huff and puff and blow our house down! It went on and on for well over 24 hours. I am writing tonight's entry from the comfort of a nice warm hotel room because after seven days without power or water at home, I told my husband that I had officially crossed the line from being irritated to downright cranky! :-)

Seriously though, we are so much better off than so many others. Our house is intact and no one was hurt. Others lost homes, and some even lost loved ones to the storm, so we are so very grateful.

Here is the last of the cards I made for the Christmas Party. I had to really "bling up" at least one of them, didn't I? I hope to be able to be back to my regular posts once our power is restored. Please pray that it will be by tomorrow. I'm a woman on the edge.

It's all about the details:
Card stock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Basic Grey, Figgy Pudding, My Mind's Eye

Stamps: Rusty Pickle, Grinch-mas, SU Season of Joy
Ink: Distress Ink, Fired Brick
Tools: SU Ticket Punch
Accessories: Cord, brads, Foam dots, Stickles

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Sorry about your weather! It is freezing here (-13 C) but we don't really get a lot of precipitation so it is manageable! Beautiful card!