Thursday, March 8, 2012

Office Supplies



OK, I'll admit it. I have a very warped sense of humor sometimes. Case in point ... today's card. This one is going to need a bit of explaining. :-)

Three days ago I received a call from one of my co-workers. She called to tell me that she had a dizzy spell the night before which caused her to pass out. On her way down, she hit her head on the granite counter top and ended up in an ambulance heading to the hospital. Ultimately she had to have 5 staples in her noggin'. As her supervisor, I couldn't resist teasing her about the proper use of staples!

The adorable image is from the Twitterpated stamp set from Verve and the gorgeous papers are from My Mind's Eye.

Disclaimer: I want to add that I wouldn't send this type of card to just anyone who had an injury. I really believe you have to know your audience and Maria has the same sick humor I have. I know she will get a kick out of it. Here's a little close-up for you.

Have a terrific Thursday...I hear it's a full moon. Just a little warning. :-)






It's all about the details:
Stamps: Verve Stamps
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Ink: Memento

Accessories: Dimensionals, Ribbon
Tools:
Nestabilities, Copic Markers

2 comments:

Pat Jandacek said...

I don't know if Google submitted by statement or not. If not, I wanted you to know that I appreciate your humor and think this is a fabulous card. Very clever and cute! I'm sure Maria will enjoy it - if she doesn't laugh so hard she gets a headache!

Marie said...

I bet this was the perfect chuckle to cheer her up!