Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dig Out Your Acetate


So when was the last time you dug into your stash of acetate to make a card or project? I know I haven't used any for at least a year or two but today we are being challenged to pull some out and use it for the Serendipity Stamps challenge.

I had some patterned acetate from Anna Griffin that served to inspire my card. I cut out about a three inch section of my card front and then "spliced" in the acetate. I pulled in black to complement the cream in the design and added my favorite script stamp from Serendipity -- This is the Day. I cut it out with Nestabilities and popped it up over another embossed layer of card stock. I added a Martha Stewart applique butterfly that I misted with Glimmer Mist to finish the card.

If you want to play along, Mary has a great buy on acetate over at Serendipity Stamps. You can pick up 10 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 acetate for $1.00. Can't beat that!

Head on over to Jeanne, Amy, Jenny, Miriam and Sue's blogs to see what they've whipped up with acetate.

Have a terrific day!





It's all about the details:
Stamps: Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned Paper: None
Ink: Memento

Accessories: Dimensionals, Anna Griffin acetate, Jolee's rhinestones, RibbonTools: Martha Stewart Applique, Nestabilities, Sizzix embossing folders

3 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Beautiful! I love how you did the lace effect on the acetate. And tied it in with the lace butterfly!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Kathie! WOW! I love the black and white - very formal - and the acetate makes it even more elegant! Beautiful card!

Miriam said...

Just lovely. The black and cream look great together!