Wednesday, January 6, 2010

To Everything There is a Season


Today I'm really excited to share a card with you that I made for a challenge called the Chestnut Theme Challenge. The theme of the challenge is "Time". Isn't that just a perfect theme for this time of year? Serendipity Stamps is the sponsor for the month of January at Gingersnap Creations and the SS Design Team is participating in four of the challenges this month. There's also a great interview of our fearless leader Mary Lee, you really must check it out! It's so much fun to read how she got started in the stamp business.

I chose to use two great stamps from Serendipity Stamps, the Large Pocket Watch and To Everything to meet the challenge. I just love how they work together. I began by masking off a rectangle on a piece of ivory cardstock. I stamped the watch with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then sponged the background with four shades of ink, blending them as much as possible. I finished by stamping the sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa (I inked the stamp with Versamark ink first) and then embossed it with clear embossing powder too.

You really owe it to yourself to visit Gingersnap Creations to see all the fun challenges Sharon has in the works and to see all the amazing cards made with Serendipity Stamps.

Enjoy!






It's all about the details:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up, Very Vanilla
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, Ooh La La

Stamps: Serendipity Stamps
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, VersaMark, VersaMagic
Accessories: Dimensionals, Embossing Powder, copper brads, Papertrey Ink Ribbon
Tools: Marvy Heat Tool

6 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Kathie, your card is BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely beautiful!!

Amy Marie said...

Beautiful, I just love the way you stamped the clock so it seems ghosted!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, the way the colors fade in and out is a softer and cool technique!

anya said...

Very beautiful, Kathie. I love the embossed pocketwatch and over-stamped sentiment. Great guy card!

Janis Morris said...

This is so beautiful! I can't wait to try this technique. I love the soft colors.

Lynda Benden said...

WOW Kathie, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the soft colors, so pretty!