Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Four Hearts


Hi everyone, it's time for another Gingersnap Creations weekly challenge and this week we are doing a supply challenge...embossing powder. I love using embossing powder but I have to admit that I don't pull it out as often as I should.

I think Serendipity Stamps really lend themselves well to fine detail embossing. I elected to make a Valentine's Day card for the challenge because I have been dying to use these gorgeous "Victorian Hearts Cling Stamps". They are so beautifully designed and I love all the detail. I inked them up using two different inks and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. The elegant sentiment is called "Happy Valentine" and is also from Serendipity Stamps.

Be sure to visit Gingersnap Creations today to view the other cards/projects made using embossing powder. Remember that Serendipity Stamps is this month's sponsor so our Design Team is taking part in the challenges all month long.

Thanks for stopping by!






It's all about the details:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up and Best Occasions Glitter Paper
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, Be Loved

Stamps: Serendipity Stamps

Ink: Colorbox, Chestnut Roan, Encore, Green Metallic, VersaMark
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Ribbon, Dimensionals, Recollections Pearls, Stampendous Clear Embossing Powder
Tools: Martha Stewart Punch, Marvy Heat Gun

6 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors you chose so pretty together! And you little pearls make a big pop!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh so lovely! This is a gorgeous Valentine!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! oh I love these hearts! Great layout and colors, just gorgeous!

anya said...

Beautiful card, Kathie! What a stunner with all the details! Great job!

Robin McK said...

Kathie,
This card is so lovely! Those heart stamps are beauties!

Ida said...

This is gorgeous. Those hearts are beautiful and I can see why you wanted them. Love all the detail on this card.