Monday, April 14, 2008
The Positive Side of Negative
The Try a New Technique challenge at Splitcoast Stampers a few week's ago was to use ink on the negative side of a Cuttlebug embossing folder. You can find the instructions here. I love the results! The fact that it doesn't always come out "perfect" makes it even more interesting.
I brayered Regal Rose ink onto the embossing folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug using white card stock. The folder cleans up beautifully, so don't be afraid to try it! I stamped the sentiment from Inkadinkado in the same ink and cut it out with one of my oval Nestabilities. I cut a black oval the same size and quartered it and then added two of the quarters to frame the first oval. I added SU hardware and brads and finished the card with a touch of ribbon.
I finally received the cost estimate on my Mac repair today. I may need to take out a second mortgage!
Enjoy your week.....