Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Love of Learning


Serendipity Challenge Time! This week, it's making a card with either reading or writing as the theme. I chose one of my favorite Serendipity Stamps stamp set called simply "Books". I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Papertrey Ink kraft card stock. I added some Core'dinations card stock, Tim Holtz tissue tape and ribbon and then added the books image that had been colored with Distress Inks, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. I finished the card by rounding the corners with my We R Memorykeepers corner chomper. Love that thing!

Run on over to visit the rest of the design teams' creations, including our guest designer Jenny Gropp.

I'm off for a few days of R and R..... See you soon!

Anya
Lynda
Amy
Jenny






It's all about the details:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Core'dinations
Stamps: Serendipity Stamps
Patterned Paper: None

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks
Accessories: Tim Holtz tissue tape, Ribbon
Tools: Corner Chomper, Glue Dots

4 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Great looking card, and again one of my favorites too! I love how you cut out the books so they stand out!

anya said...

Kathie, I love this! The colorful books just pop off the background! Great job on the challenge!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cool and sorta vintage reading. Nicely done.

Ida said...

Fabulous card. Love the rich feel and this has. The colorful books against the Kraft card stock really work well together.