Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Baby Shadowbox


Welcome to another Serendipity Stamps challenge! I switched things up a bit for this "baby themed" challenge and decided to try my hand at something other than a card. (Don't worry, they're still my first love.). I had saved this small shadow box from an embellishment purchase and thought it would be perfect for my project. I began by choosing four KI Memories patterned papers to serve as the backdrop for the box.

I stamped these darling images from the "Baby Girl" stamp set and then colored them with Copic Markers. I then cut it out with Nestabilities, popped it up on three layers of dimensionals and added a green silk bow. I cut out the little booties and popped them up on dimensionals and added them to the main image. Most of the other embellishments such as the alphas and epoxy stickers are also by KI Memories. I found them as part of a kit at Ross for $2.99. What a surprise. I never find anything I want there. I guess I can't say that any more now, can I?

Here's a close-up of the stamped image. So cute!

The "em" in the upper left corner stands for my 8 month old granddaughter Emelia. We like to call her Emme or Em for short. Want a little peak at my little munchkin? We snapped this shot today just before she went swimming in her backyard kiddie pool. Hard to tell that she was a preemie isn't it? :-)

There are more fun baby cards/projects to check out on our DT sites, so be sure you visit them too.

----Anya
----Lynda
----Amy
----Jenny




Thanks for dropping in!






It's all about the details:
Cardstock: None
Stamps: Serendipity Stamps
Patterned Paper: KI Memories

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Ribbon, Amuse crystals, KI Memories Alphas and epoxy stickers, Glitter Heart, Prima Rose, dimensionals
Tools: Copic Markers, Nestabilities

6 comments:

Amy Marie said...

So sweet kathie, love all those sweet little girl things together!

anya said...

Kathie, this is a great project! What beautiful room decor it is for Emelia! I love all the little nooks, and how you decorated each differently. Great job!

Lynda Benden said...

Absolutely DARLING Kathie! What a wonderful and thoughtful decoration!

Ida said...

What a sweet project. Love how "girly" it is. Baby "Em" is the real star though, what a cutie!

Jenny Gropp said...

HOW fun!!! This turned out great.... good for you for venturing pst cards--- I rarely do..... what a great piece to inspire!

Stacy Morgan said...

Ack.... She is totally CUTE! I love the cheeks... hee hee This is a beautiful job too, I like how you did the sentiemnts to look like a dresser. Very creative.