Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings - SUINKWWC10






It's another Whachadoin' Wednesday over at Storage Units, Ink & More. Come join in.. and create something special using this bedding as inspiration.

Hmmm, it took awhile for the inspiration to grab hold of me with this set. Quite honestly, I had a difficult time getting past the color scheme. This is definitely not something I would choose for myself, but once I got past the colors and looked at the design, I knew just what I wanted to do.

I found a "Brides Collection" set of invitations on sale at Michaels yesterday. I normally wouldn't have given it a second look but the paper and colors caught my eye. I fell in love and would have bought it just for the patterned paper in the kit but it also came with ribbon and envelopes. Score!

I began with an ivory card base and used my Scor-pal to score it at 1/4" along each side. I added Core'dinations card stock and a bit of the patterned paper and ribbon from the invitations kit.

I stamped a sentiment from the Bountiful Harvest set with SU Chocolate Chip ink on ivory card stock and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then cut and embossed it with Nestabilities. I inked all the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and added crystals for a bit of sparkle. A very simple card but it "speaks" to me. :-)

I hope you can play along! If you upload your card to Splitcoast be sure and use SUINKWWC10 as a keyword so we can find you!






It's all about the details:
Card stock: Core'dinations, Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper: Brides
Stamps: Storage Units, Ink & More
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Distress Ink Antique Linen
Accessories: Foam Squares, ribbon, crystals, embossing powder, Glue Dots
Tools: Wizard and Nestabilities, Marvy Heat Tool

2 comments:

MJ said...

Love these colors. This card is so elegant with that sentiment like that. Love it. Great job on the challenge.

Carolina said...

Wow - love your take on the challenge! The ribbon is such a nice detail!