Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Patriotic Eagle


Welcome to this week's Serendipity Stamps challenge! Today our mission was to create a patriotic card with a little sparkle! That's right, time to break out the glitter. I stamped the "Eagle" with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the colored him with my Copic Markers. I just love how majestic this creature is.

It's hard to see, but I added Glossy Accents to the eagle's beak to make it look more realistic. It really does make a cool difference in person. The background is comprised of Basic Grey "Shine On" patterned paper and white card stock that I ran through a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  To add the sparkle, I hand cut small banners out of card stock that I covered with Scor-tape. I then coated the adhesive with Glitz Ritz micro-fine glitter and finally added some alpha stickers to spell out "USA".

Enjoy the other Design Team creations here:

Have a terrific day!





It's all about the details:
Stamps: Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - Shine On
Ink: Memento

Accessories: Baker's Twine, Glossy Accents, Glitz Ritz Glitter, Dimensionals
Tools: Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Cuttlebug

5 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Beautiful. The banner is the perfect finishing touch!

Jeanne J. said...

Kathie, Your eagle is beautiful. I love how the colored stars on the top background transition into the embossed stars on the bottom - very clever! Your glittery USA banner is perfect!

Sue Eldred said...

Your card is so nice. Good Job on the Eagle.

Miriam said...

Wonderful use of the eagle stamp and the glitter banner is GREAT! Really pretty.

Kristine said...

Magestic and beautiful Kathie!! i love the USA banner too :)