Wednesday, May 16, 2012

King of the Grill


Happy Wednesday! Ready for another Serendipity Stamps challenge? It's a great one...It's time for Spring Cleaning by using up some of those supplies (you know you have them!) that have been sitting around unused forever! The toughest part of the challenge for me was narrowing down which item(s) to use. Can you tell from the photo? OK, here's a hint. It's metal and it comes in an unlimited variety of shapes...that's right, CHARMS!

I can't possibly be the only one that has several storage containers chock full of these little beauties, can I? They're just so darn cute but the reality is that I always find it hard to incorporate them into my projects.


I plucked this adorable charm from my stash and used it to embellish a card made with one of Serendipity's new stamps. It's called "Grill" and it will make the perfect Father's Day cards. I added my own computer generated sentiment.

Serendipity’s special this week is a 40% Off coupon –you’ll get 40% off the highest priced item in your cart.  Hurry though, the coupon expires Monday, May 21st!

More fun projects from Serendipity's DT using neglected items:
Jeanne
Amy
Jenny
Miriam
Sue

Have a terrific day!





It's all about the details:
Stamps: Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design, "Boys Only" collection
Ink: Memento
, Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Charm, Dimensionals, Baker's Twine
Tools: Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Sewing Machine

6 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Kathie, That grill scene is great! I love the colors you used and that charm really adds a touch of fancy to make it special. You're right we should use them more often!

Miriam said...

Love your card!! Wonderful colors and that charm is GREAT!

Jenny Gropp said...

Awesome Dad card! I also have a ton of charms and never pull them out! Good reminder! Love the sentiment too --Mary should make a stamp of it!

Marybeth said...

Such a great fun dad card! Reminds me of all things summer.

Amy Marie said...

Love your card... and i had several charms out and ended up not using them.

Kristine said...

Oh this is awesome!! Love your colors, patterns, the star and cute charm :) Fabby Father's Day card!!